Start a company, expand a company — change your future!
The key eligibility ingredient …. Innovation: – a new idea, concept, method etc. Synonyms: change, alteration, revolution, upheaval, transformation, metamorphosis, breakthrough!
We are looking for innovative ideas that
- introduce a new product or service to the area or
- introduce a new process for delivering a product or service or
- deliver a new market of buyers to the area. It may be an old family recipe for cookies but a new process for manufacturing, distributing or packaging. It could be an online business that is geared to reach beyond our local doorsteps. Perhaps you are expanding your restaurant to include catering, or your landscaping business wants to incorporate technology to improve your customer experience. Will your business be able to hire staff with your innovative new plans? If you have a great idea for a new business or plans to expand your existing business, Starter Plus is here to help!
$3,000 in grant funding (with an opportunity to pitch for an additional $2,000), start up or expansion training and mentoring.
Starter Plus is an Ontario government funded program that provides entrepreneurs 18 years of age and older with the resources, knowledge and support they need to start and grow their own full time business.
As a Starter Plus entrepreneur, you receive:
- Exclusive access to proprietary online training to teach you how to start a business and write a business plan OR expansion training to make sure you have considered all factors for success
- One-on-one guidance from a Small Business Centre advisor
- An opportunity to present your idea to our Pitch Panel and receive funding of up to $3,000 to offset expenses with an opportunity to return and pitch for an additional $2,000 for a total of up to $5,000 in grant dollars (grants are non repayable but taxable).
- Mentorship (proven component for business success)
- Access to business workshops on topics ranging from writing a business plan and budgeting, to executing a marketing campaign
Could you be a Starter Plus entrepreneur?
You can apply to the Starter Plus program if you’re an Ontario resident aged 18 and older, not attending school full time and presenting a full time business idea (35 hours per week) . To qualify for funding of up to $3,000, you need to be able to contribute at least 25 per cent (in cash or in kind) of the grant amount.
Apply Today! Starting or expanding a business can be challenging — we’re here to offer insight, help, mentorship, knowledge, funds, networking, development ideas and more!
For full guidelines and eligibility, contact us. We have ongoing info sessions on Starter Plus and look forward to working with you!